Retirement Planning Workshops
These workshops are sponsored by the Human Resources Benefits Unit and are open only to Berkeley campus employees.
Retiring From UC - Workshop
This workshop provides an overview of benefits paid by the University of California Retirement Plan (UCRP). UCRP benefits include lifetime monthly retirement income, disability benefits, survivor income and death benefits. Learn about tools to use in your retirement planning, and steps during the retirement process.
In addition, this workshop describes the retiree health benefits, explains how a retiree’s medical plan coordinates with Medicare, identifies issues to consider when selecting a plan, and explains the steps necessary to take with UC, Medicare, and your health plan to successfully enroll in Medicare and coordinate with your UC retiree medical plan.
To enroll in this workshop, or to check the workshop schedule, login to the BLU web portal, click on UC Learning Center, find the UC Essentials category, and click on "Benefits."
Retirement Readiness Education Program - Fidelity Retirement Services
UC is sponsoring several retirement education workshops conducted by Fidelity Retirement Services to help employees learn about investing for retirement and the steps they can take to help ensure retirement readiness. The schedule for all workshops can be found on the UC Focus On Your Future website. The workshops include:
- Accessing Your Account Online
- Designing Your Financial Roadmap
- Building a Portfolio for Any Weather
- Creating Your Personalized Retirement Roadmap
- Getting on the Right Path with Your UC Savings Plans
- Preserving your Savings for Future Generations
- Preparing your Savings for Retirement
- Quarterly Market Update
- Remaining Confident in a Challenging Market
- Shifting from Savings to Spending
- Understanding the Power of Debt
- College Savings Options
- Women and Investing
- Your UC Retirement System