Transition Services Program Offerings
[collapse all] [expand all]
To Register: email email@example.com, or log on to Blu and click on UCB Learning Center. All of the Career Connection Forums and TSP classes/workshops can be found on the Learning Center by typing the word "Transition" in the Search box. For questions, please contact Gabe Contreras at 510-643-8702.
It is highly recommended that all participants attend this session. This workshop provides an overview of how to get the most from the Transition series, recommended participation and additional services.
Managing career change, navigating the labor market, and creating a job search profile. Activities and information provide the core elements needed to activate a successful job search.
- Workshop #1: Career Management
These workshops offer the participant guidance and tools for resume development, cover letters, online applications, email etiquette and phone protocol necessary for a successful job search.
Workshop #2: Resume Skills
- Session 1: Resume Development
- Session 2: Resume Review
- Workshop #3: Communication: Cover Letters, E-mail, Internet & Phone Protocol
These highly interactive workshops offer the participant tools for building effective networks through professional presentation, informational interviewing and social networking. Included are preparation and practice for a professional interview.
- Workshop #4: Job Search Strategies - Creating Networks
- Workshop #5: Social Networking
- Workshop #6: Interviewing
- LinkedIn: UC Berkeley Employee Alumni Group
- One-to-One Career Coaching
- Job Club
- Employer Forum Events
- Connection to Community Resources
- Fidelity Financial Planning in Transition Workshops
- JobHunterPro ($149)
- eLearn (Available for one year from final date of employment)
Career Library (UHS)
- Assessment Testing
- Career Research
- Career Counseling
- CARE Services Center (UHS)