Employee Relations: Policies & Procedures
There are many policies that govern the way we work and our relationship with the University; some are systemwide, and are implemented on all the UC campuses throughout the state. Others are specific to UC Berkeley.
- Personnel Policies for Staff Members applies to all staff employees systemwide whose positions are not otherwise governed by a collective bargaining agreement (i.e., labor contract). There are additional local implementation procedures for Berkeley that supplement the systemwide personnel policies.
- Other University and Campus Policies at berkeley, including:
- Personnel File Guidelines provide a comprehensive overview of staff personnel files, medical files, supervisor's working files, access to files, and more.
- Vacation Leave Credit Tables provide information on vacation accrual for staff members.
- Senior Management Group (SMG) Human Resources Policies apply to senior managers and campus leaders.
- Academic Personnel Policies apply to academic employees. For more information on academic policies as they are implemented on the Berkeley campus, visit the Academic Personnel Office website.