Competency & Skill-Building: Inclusiveness
Definition: Shows respect for people and their differences; promotes fairness and equity; engages the talents, experiences, and capabilities of others; fosters a sense of belonging; works to understand the perspectives of others; and creates opportunities for access and success.
- Creating an Inclusive Work Environment: a workshop within the KEYS track series (for managers and supervisors)
- Resources on the Division of Equity and Inclusion website
- The Berkeley Interactive Theater Program (ITP) workshops use live theater and audience participation to depict, analyze, and strategize solutions to problematic workplace situations. Performers present workplace scenarios on a range of diversity issues. Through facilitated dialogue the audience participants work through their own perspectives, emotions and assumptions to gain a greater awareness and understanding of the underlying issues that can escalate into conflict. See the Berkeley Interactive Theater Program website for more information.
- Check for classes on the UC Learning Center
- Gender Equity Resource Center
- Whole Brain Thinking and Work Styles Model: a class for intact work groups offered by COrWE. Contact us for more information.