The UCPath Project is a UC systemwide initiative to replace the existing Payroll Personnel System (PPS), introduce a new HR information system (HCM), and create a single shared services center to serve all ten campuses and five medical centers that make up the University of California system. It is one of the main endeavors of the UC Working Smarter initiative, and is one of the most complex operational projects ever undertaken at the University.
UC recognizes that its payroll and human resources processes can be greatly streamlined and standardized across all locations, resulting in more efficient operations and higher quality of service to employees.
The project encompasses three main areas:
- Implement enabling technology (Oracle PeopleSoft HCM)
- Streamline and standardize business processes
- Centralize transactional activities through the implementation of a systemwide Shared Services Center
To learn more about UCPath, visit the following sections and links:
- Goals - contains a general description of the project's goals and objectives
- Communications - contains project updates, newsletters, and other communications to campus about the project and its milestones, including information on the UCPath Center location and jobs
- Documents - contains informational items such as the Project Summary, Factsheet, Timeline, and general FAQ
We will continue to publish more information as it becomes available.