Business Continuity Information
Priorities for Supervisors
Contact Information: Supervisors/Managers should have a list of employees and their contact information (both home and work numbers).
Availability to Work: If phones are still in operation, supervisors should contact their staff as soon as possible after the disaster to find out if staff are available to come in to work.
Consultation: Managers can get information and consultation from CARE Services to help address challenges with individuals, workgroups, and organizational demands. Visit CARE Services for Faculty and Staff or contact (510) 643-7754 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Event of a Death: If there has been a staff death, the department should report the death via the Chancellor’s Death Reporting website or by contacting the Benefits Unit (510-642-7053, email@example.com), so they can assist with death payments.
Job Descriptions: Managers should have current job descriptions for every position so that emergency hires can be made quickly.
Emergency Hiring: HR will advertise on its web page if we are hiring. HR will work with Public Affairs on campus communication.
Contracts and Personnel Policies: Managers should refer to the proper contract that covers their employees. For PPSM covered employees, policies can be found via At Your Service. If managers have any questions, they should contact Human Resources at 510-642-9046.
- Benefits: call 510-642-7053 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compensation and Classification: call 510-643-7563 or email email@example.com
- Employee Relations: call 510-642-7163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employment Services: call 510-642-4621
- Labor Relations: call 510-643-6001 or email email@example.com
- Payroll: call 510-642-3513 or email firstname.lastname@example.org