Staff Diversity, Equal Employment Opportunity, and Affirmative Action
This website provides information and resources on Diversity, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and Affirmative Action (AA) at UC Berkeley. Responsibility for the implementation of EEO and AA at Berkeley lies with supervisors, managers, and senior leaders across campus.
Embracing Diversity, Equal Employment Opportunity, and Affirmative Action are three components of UC Berkeley's work toward creating Equity in the Workplace for employees. Equity in the Workplace is characterized by:
- A diverse productive workforce
- A more equitable and accessible work environment
- An inclusive environment where all employees are valued
- A work environment free from discrimination
A level playing field for employee success
- To explore these in greater depth, see What are Diversity, EEO, and AA.
- To read about the history and legal bases of EEO and AA, see Berkeley's Commitment to EEO and AA.